Did you know that 99% of the men's underwear sold in America comes from, well, places like China, Indonesia and Thailand? The other 1% isn't exactly what you'd call a premium product either. Flint and Tinder began with a pledge to change that, build a better product than you're used to and help revive the American cut and sew industry in the process.
It all started with a video posted to Kickstarter.
30 days later, Flint and Tinder was the best funded fashion Kickstarter of all time. 5,578 people supported us in attempting to bring back
high-quality garment manufacturing by pre-purchasing $291,493 worth of underwear and we could not be more appreciative.
ULTIMATELY, THE GOAL IS NOTHING SHORT OF REDEFINING WHAT IT MEANS TO BE MADE IN AMERICA.
Flint and Tinder aims to be your favorite pair of underwear. End of story. Our products are designed with superior comfort in mind and guaranteed to fit you exactly the way you want them to. You can buy with confidence knowing that even after your first wash and dry, you are welcomed to exchange for another size (in most cases, without even having to return the opened boxes) at any time.
Have you ever touched something passed down from your grandfather; a belt, jacket, or hat perhaps? How much of the things you purchase today will still be around for your children to enjoy? The answer is "not much." That's because it's not designed to (in some cases, it might not even be designed to last a year).
Flint and Tinder is different. Mindful of design, rugged in construction, and refined in our selection of materials, Flint and Tinder celebrates craftsmanship, obsesses over details, and hopes to inspire others to do the same.
Not only are our products built to last, but we're never done designing. There's always room for improvement. The quickest way to get there is by hearing from you. Have a thought you'd like to share? Drop us a line.
"Does making premium men’s underwear here in the US create jobs?" Yes.
In fact, for every 1,000 pair of underwear we sell per month, at least one sustainable job is added within our supply chain.
It's not a pledge or a promise... it's a fact.
Had we asked just one factory to fulfill Flint and Tinder USA's first order in a single month, it would have meant hiring 40 additional workers to move it through the lines. Instead, in an effort to spread our economic footprint across as large a footprint as possible, what started with a single factory, has expanded to an ever evolving group of factories, facilities and craftsmen.
While we strive for success on all fronts, we may miss the mark from time to time. It's in those moments that our in-office, domestic customer service team makes all of the difference in the world. There's no reason we shouldn't leave you 100% satisfied no matter what. If you have a problem, give us a call, and know that the person on the other end of the line is, in fact, empowered to do just about anything to make things right.